AVG is antivirus software that is developed by AVG Technologies, a subsidiary of Avast. It is available for Windows, macOS, and Android.
Suppose you have got AVG antivirus with a new license number. In that case, you have to follow the steps mentioned below for AVG license activation:
- Kindly open AVG Internet Security or AVG AntiVirus by double-clicking the AVG icon on your desktop.
- Click on My AVG, which is in the top-right corner of the screen, and select My Subscriptions.
- Then click Enter new license.
- Paste or type the new license code from the email sent to you by AVG, then click Enter license.
Steps to follow if you have not purchased new AVG antivirus and got your older one updated:
Have you paid for your AVG antivirus renewal? You must have Received an email. You can see a new license number given with a set of instructions for activating AVG license in the email.
- Open the existing AVG Product.
- Open the “Options” menu.
- The expiry date & product will get updated automatically once you entered the new license number.
- Confirm it, open AVG Internet Security -> My AVG -> My Subscription -> check its expiry date & License number.
- If you have valid details, you are entirely protected by AVG, else reenter your license number to perform reactivation.
Received a License Error message that states: AVG is not able to recognize your License Number.
Follow the steps to solve the abovementioned error:
- Please click on Re-enter and enter your license number again.
- Reenter the license number, and the dialog indicates the license is valid.
- A while later, the error reappears.
- Open AVG Antivirus -> Menu -> About -> check its version.
If you purchased AVG antivirus through the Google Play Store, then you will have no license number. You will have to go to the AVG antivirus seller near you to get further details. Visit:- www.avg.com/retail.